Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting southchinaseas.ca. Please review these Terms and Conditions. Visiting and browsing this website, viewing content and/or purchasing products from us through this website indicates your agreement to be bound by them.
Subject to Change
The new policy will apply to all current and past users of our web sites and will replace any prior policies that are inconsistent.
No Warrantee of Information
The written content in this website, is intended for informational purposes only, and is provided without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Your use of this website is at your sole risk, and the owner of the website, South China Seas Trading Co. Limited, (South China Seas) is not liable for damages of any kind related to your use of this site.
Shipping and Returns
Detailed information regarding shipping is available elsewhere on this site. Making a purchase on this website constitutes your acceptance of these policies and Terms and Conditions. These policies and Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice, and we therefore encourage you to review this detailed information prior to making any purchase.
South China Seas is committed to preserving your privacy and protecting and appropriately managing the contact information you provide.
The information you provide for the purpose of making a transaction will used only for that purpose, and will be used only by South China Seas and those companies or individuals who provide us with the services necessary to operate our website, process credit card payments, and ship products to you.
We will not use the information you provide to make a purchase to contact you for any reason not associated with that purchase.
If you wish to receive the South China Seas eNews or any other communications from South China Seas, you must subscribe separately. If you have subscribed, you may unsubscribe, instantly and without complication, at any time.
Your information, whether provided to make a purchase, to subscribe to our newsletter, or for any other purpose, will not be shared with any third party.
When you purchase something from our store, the personal information you provide – name, address, email, and telephone number – is required as part of the buying and selling process. When you provide us with this information, and your credit card details to place an order, and arrange for a delivery, we assume that you consent to our collecting and using it for only that specific purpose.
During the checkout process you will be given the opportunity to register your information with us for the purpose of making future purchases easier. Whether you choose to register or not, we will not use your information for any purpose other than to process transactions.
We may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address issues specific to an order you have made, but we will not contact under any other circumstances unless you have requested that we do so.
Other than when actually making a purchase, you can visit our site without providing us any contact information whatsoever, but general information about the internet domain addresses from which the site is accessed, links clicked and the pages visited within the site, etc. may be accessed and utilized by us and/or our service providers to analyze this data to determine preferences and usage statistics. Individual users will remain anonymous.
We will accept returns for up to 14 days after purchase, with the following exceptions and conditions:
• We do not offer refunds on gift cards.
• Your participation in a cooking class is considered confirmed upon receipt of the class fee, which is non-refundable. If for any reason, you cannot attend a class that you have booked and confirmed, we strongly suggest that you transfer your booking to a friend or a family member. If the class is sold out and if we have a waiting list, we will do our best to re-book your spot(s) from the waiting list. If we are able to re-book, we will refund your fee, but we cannot refund class fees under any other circumstances.
• To be eligible for return and refund, returnable item(s) must be unopened, in perfect condition and in original packaging.
• If you wish to return an item because it arrived damaged, you must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of delivery so that we may make a claim with the carrier. Refund claims for damaged items will not be considered outside of this timeframe.
• Shipping costs are non-refundable, and you will also be responsible for the shipping costs for returning an item to us – unless you have received the wrong item(s) due to our error, in which case we will cover both your shipping costs and the shipping costs for sending out the correct replacement item(s).
• Returns and refunds will only be granted if pre-authorized by us. To initiate a claim, send an email to email@example.com providing your contact information and the reason for the claim. If your claim is valid in accordance with the policies outlined above, we will authorize it and provide you with Return Authorization Number (RAN). Returns that we have not preauthorized will not be accepted.